The High Tide Club

By Mary Kate Andrews
What's it about:
When ninety-nine-year-old heiress Josephine Bettendorf Warrick summons Brooke Trappnell to Talisa Island, her 20,000 acre remote barrier island home, Brooke is puzzled. Everybody in the South has heard about the eccentric millionaire mistress of Talisa, but Brooke has never met her. Josephine’s cryptic note says she wants to discuss an important legal matter with Brooke, who is an attorney, but Brooke knows that Mrs. Warrick has long been a client of a prestigious Atlanta law firm.

Over a few meetings, the ailing Josephine spins a tale of old friendships, secrets, betrayal and a long-unsolved murder. She tells Brooke she is hiring her for two reasons: to protect her island and legacy from those who would despoil her land, and secondly, to help her make amends with the heirs of the long dead women who were her closest friends, the girls of The High Tide Club—so named because of their youthful skinny dipping escapades—Millie, Ruth and Varina. When Josephine dies with her secrets intact, Brooke is charged with contacting Josephine’s friends’ descendants and bringing them together on Talisa for a reunion of women who’ve actually never met.
Genre: mystery
Rating: 5
My thoughts
This is my first Mary Kate Andrews book and I can see why people love her books so much , she has a way with words that brings to life the story as well as her characters, and blends the past and the future together .Her stories show what life was like back in the 1941 and how four girls came together as friends and keep a dark secret from everyone including each other . With this story she creates a tale that is suspenseful, emotional , and hopeful, with plenty of surprising twists that is non stop from begging to end. You see secrets bright to life that was meant to be kept in the dark and as this secrets come out you see  how they play a role in bring together new friends and family . But not all of it is dark or gloomy there are parts that are funny as well and those part lighting up the dark ones . So with this said I would love to think Netgalley as well as the publishers for giving me a chance at reading and reviewing The High Tide and finding a new author to read in change for my honest opinion.