February 2017 Books Read part 1

February
The Appointed: David Wolf Mystery Thrillers 1 and 2 Bundle The Appointed David Wolf Mystery Thrillers 1 and 2 Bundle (Foreign Deceit and The Silversmith) by Jeff Carson
By:Jeff Carson
Series : David Wolf
Books 1&2
5 starts
Kindle : kept

What is it about:
FOREIGN DECEIT (DAVID WOLF BOOK 1) - OVER 270 5-STAR REVIEWS!

Colorado Deputy Sergeant David Wolf's world is twisted when he receives word his brother has committed suicide in the Alps of Italy.

Devastation and resentment over his only sibling's selfish act quickly gives way to a nagging suspicion that he isn't getting the whole truth. Conviction alone is enough to pull Wolf from pressing events in his ski resort home of Rocky Points, Colorado, to the entirely foreign land of Northern Italy, and into a more deadly situation than he could have possibly imagined.

With the help of a beautiful young officer of the Carabinieri, Wolf must piece together what happened on that last fateful night of his brother's life without ruffling too many feathers, or paying the ultimate price.

A gritty tale of international mystery, Foreign Deceit is a visceral adventure that will keep you guessing until the final pages.

THE SILVERSMITH (DAVID WOLF BOOK 2) - OVER 140 5-STAR REVIEWS!

Deputy Sergeant David Wolf has been waiting sixteen years for today's opportunity to follow in the footsteps of his late father -- to become Sheriff of Sluice County, Colorado. What he's offered, however, isn't what he's expecting. And for Wolf, refusing turns out to be harder, and much deadlier, than anticipated.

When a rich and powerful enemy corrupts the SCSD from within, Wolf becomes hunted by his own department, along with a special forces killing machine who's psychotic lust for blood is never denied.

In this action-packed second David Wolf novel, Wolf draws on all his skills to evade certain death in the high Rocky Mountain forest, and in the process unveils a disturbing mystery. One that if he can unravel, will do no less than rewrite his entire past, and ensure he's around to see his future.

What did I think
Challenge: Finish What You Started
This is a hole new series for me, which I picked up last to read and never did, but this year I'm so glad that I did. Was up all night reading books 1&2 since their in a bind up and I loved it, had me hooked from the start ,now I just got to read books 3-7

The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
The Forgotten Girls
By: Sara Blaedel
Paperback
5 stars

What is it about:
In a forest in Denmark, a ranger discovers the fresh corpse of an unidentified woman. A large scar on one side of her face should make the identification easy, but nobody has reported her missing. After four days, Louise Rick—the new commander of the Missing Persons Department—is still without answers. But when she releases a photo to the media, an older woman phones to say that she recognizes the woman as Lisemette, a child she once cared for in the state mental institution many years ago. Lisemette, like the other children in the institution, was abandoned by her family and branded a "forgotten girl." But Louise soon discovers something more disturbing: Lisemette had a twin, and both girls were issued death certificates over 30 years ago. As the investigation brings Louise closer to her childhood home, she uncovers more crimes that were committed—and hidden—in the forest, and finds a terrible link to her own past that has been carefully concealed.

Challenges: 2017 Around the Year in 52 books
Week 15: book written or set in Scandinavia

What did I think:
Looks like I just found a new series to start, I loved it, loved how once I started reading it I didn't want to stop,had to keep reading and find out what happened next, loved the main character.

04, 2017 09:30PM)
Elizabeth | 59 commentsGhosts of Country Music Tales of Haunted Honky Tonks & Legendary Spectres by Matthew L Swayne
Ghosts of Country Music: Tales of Haunted Honky Tonks & Legendary Spectres
By : Matthew L Swayne
ARC: Netgalley
5 stars

What is it about:
Strum a Spooky Banjo, Tip that Ten-Gallon Hat, and Meet Country Music’s Greatest Ghosts

Jam out to this impressive compilation of haunted hot spots, creepy curses, and celebrity spirits of country and western music. Presenting the paranormal legacy behind one of America’s oldest and most popular genres, Ghosts of Country Music takes a captivating, in-depth look at legendary musicians and the places where they perform . . . even after death.

Experience true stories of larger-than-life stars—including Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, and Johnny Cash—haunting their favorite homes and stages. Step inside the Music City Center, the Apollo Civic Theatre, Bobby Mackey’s Music World, and other iconic venues where ghosts love to roam. Explore the numerous recording studios, record shops, and radio stations that attract paranormal activity. This fascinating book will thrill you with much more than just a catchy tune

little girls lost
little girls lost by jonah paine
jonah paine
2/4/17
Five stars
2017 Around the Year in 52 Books: week 9: a book in the middle of your TBR list, for this one I went with my Kindle TBR.

What is it about:.
There's a killer loose on the streets. He's waiting, he's watching, and one cop stands between him and the young women he would make his prey.

Detective Sam Patton is barely holding it together. His marriage a shambles, burned out on the work, he's barely holding it together.

The city is depending on him, though. The body of a beautiful teenager is fished from a local river, and soon Sam finds himself on the trail of a killer who is as perplexing as he is savage.

Many investigations break down when there are too few clues. But what happens when you have too many?

To catch a killer who is always one step ahead, Sam must draw on every bit of experience he's accumulated and follow a twisting trail back to the killer before another girl pays the price.