made me cry

Brisingr - Christopher Paolini

about the author:
Christopher Paolini was born on November 17, 1983 in Southern California. He has lived most of his life in Paradise Valley, Montana with his parents and younger sister, Angela. The tall, jagged Beartooth Mountains rise on one side of Paradise Valley. Snowcapped most of the year, they inspired the fantastic scenery in the Inheritance Cycle.

Christopher is grateful to all his readers. He is especially heartened to hear that his books have inspired young people to read and to write stories of their own. Although Christopher will one day return to Alagaësia, he is currently working on a science fiction novel

book synonyms:
Oaths sworn... loyalties tested... forces collide.

It's been only months since Eragon first uttered "brisingr", an ancient language term for fire. Since then, he's not only learned to create magic with words — he's been challenged to his very core. Following the colossal battle against the Empires warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still, there is more adventure at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.

First is Eragon's oath to his cousin, Roran: to help rescue Roran's beloved from King Galbatorix's clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength — as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices — choices that will take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.

Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

my rating: 5 out of 5
Goodreads challenges that I used this for :
The Life of a Book Addict
Reading Group Challenge 2016: Elizabeth's 2016 Reading Corner Challenge 12 plus 4 alternatives

what did I think of the story:
OMG just finished and I loved it, its the only book besides one other that made me cry, this series just keeps getting better and better with each book, I would have to say that so far this one might be my favorite out of the series , that is if I had one, I would all have to say that out of all the characters in this series you would think that I would dislike and hate King Galbatorix and his people but the one character I really hate and can't stand is actually Nasuada , thought these last three books I stand her at all, you first meet her in book 1 ,which I was hopping to like in her but no, then you see more of her in book 2 , and guess what I still can't stand her or even like her at all , then here's this one book 3 and once again I have to say that I just can't stand her at all, there's just some thing about her character I just dislike and hate, or well there's one more book and that's the last one hopefully that'll be the book that she finally wins me over in but until then she's not getting any points from me at all. But over all I did love the other characters that fought with and beside Nasuada, loved how this one show just how much Eragon and Saphira has grown and came together as dragon and rider.