Strange, peculiar, odd, queer all rolled up in one

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

book synopsis :
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of curious photographs.
A horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

What did I think of the book cover:
Its what made me want to pick it up

my rating: 4.5 stars
Challenges I used this book for:
The Life Of A Book Addict
Reading Group Challenge 2016 12 plus 4 alternatives

What did I think of the book:
While there was some parts I could relate to like how close Jacob was to his grandfather , because growing up I was more closer to my Dad's parents then I was to my mom's , because every time I would talk to hers they would bring up my cousins, so I could also understand how his dad felt to, the rest of the story was Strange, peculiar, odd, queer all rolled up in one, and the black and white phots just made it even more so. even though I give it 4.5 stars I can't wait to pick up book 2 and see what happens .