Mixture of TRON,The Last Starfighter along with Ender's Games

Armada - Ernest Cline

About this author
ERNEST CLINE has worked as a short-order cook, fish gutter, plasma donor, elitist video store clerk, and tech support drone. His primary occupation, however, has always been geeking out, and he eventually threw aside those other promising career paths to express his love of pop culture fulltime as a spoken word artist and screenwriter. His 2009 film Fanboys, much to his surprise, became a cult phenomenon. These days Ernie lives in Austin, Texas with his wife, their daughter, and a large collection of classic video games. READY PLAYER ONE is his first novel.

More information:

Synopsis

Zack Lightman has spent his life dreaming. Dreaming that the real world could be a little more like the countless science-fiction books, movies, and videogames he’s spent his life consuming. Dreaming that one day, some fantastic, world-altering event will shatter the monotony of his humdrum existence and whisk him off on some grand space-faring adventure.

But hey, there’s nothing wrong with a little escapism, right? After all, Zack tells himself, he knows the difference between fantasy and reality. He knows that here in the real world, aimless teenage gamers with anger issues don’t get chosen to save the universe.

And then he sees the flying saucer.

Even stranger, the alien ship he’s staring at is straight out of the videogame he plays every night, a hugely popular online flight simulator called Armada—in which gamers just happen to be protecting the earth from alien invaders.

No, Zack hasn’t lost his mind. As impossible as it seems, what he’s seeing is all too real. And his skills—as well as those of millions of gamers across the world—are going to be needed to save the earth from what’s about to befall it.

It’s Zack’s chance, at last, to play the hero. But even through the terror and exhilaration, he can’t help thinking back to all those science-fiction stories he grew up with, and wondering: Doesn’t something about this scenario seem a little…familiar?

At once gleefully embracing and brilliantly subverting science-fiction conventions as only Ernest Cline could, Armada is a rollicking, surprising thriller, a classic coming of age adventure, and an alien invasion tale like nothing you’ve ever read before—one whose every page is infused with the pop-culture savvy that has helped make Ready Player One a phenomenon.

What I thought of the book.Going to break it down for you.

What I thought of the main character:

Had a love hate relationship with Zack Lightman , on one hand the love relationship was easy because he would do something that make me cheer him on and then on the other hand the hate relationship was directly at him because of how immature,juvenile and brattish he would act that I would wish I could just head slap him like Gibbs does DiNozzo on the CBS Tv show NCIS.

What I thought of the dust jacket  and book cover of Aramda:

So here comes the fan girl out,I love the front cover,love the colors on it and old type ships that you would play in the old video games , the backs it's ok,but OMG the inside of the dust jacket can I absolutely say I absolutely love it ,love how is a complete drawing of the ADI-88 Interceptor and even has it number so you can use the number list that's on it beside the drawing to find the names of what's what.As for the book cover itself I love it too,love the color as well as the silver ship that on it.

What did I think of the story itself:

At first I was kind of hesitate to even pick it because there was some much hype about it on Booktube as well as Goodreads that I wasn't  sure if I even wanted to read it and another thing was it was kind of out of my comfort zone, I hardly ever pick up a book like this one, but I decided to go head and see what all the hype was about , so glad I did, at first I thought when I started it that I wasn't going to enjoy it or even like it since this was the first book of Mr. Cline's I've ever read and second it was kind of slow for me going in it, but the more I read and got in it the more I started to like it, I even begin to love how it kept bring up classic games,books,movies and music from the different eras. And I also kept come back to this one thought that wouldn't go away, that it was turning out to be a mixture TRON,The Last Starfighter along with Ender's Game ,which I love. That made the book just pull me in more as well as hooked me so much that I had to know what happened next, also loved how Mr.Cline throw in a  secret that had to to with the main character,that was something I didn't see coming at all. And the ending was great to ,because  like I said there was times when Zack seemed immature,juvenile as well as brattish

but with every thing he been though it was like he finally grew up and start to act more mature than before.This book definitely deserves the five star rating I gave it.With that said I would like to say thinks to Mr.Ernest Cline as well as to Blooging For Books program and Penguin Random House for providing me with a complimentary copy of Armada inexchange for my honest review because without them I might not have picked this great book up,so thinks again