Didn't like the main characters but I did like the story itself

The Girls in the Water
by: Victoria Jenkins

what's it about:
The first one had been an accident. He had never intended to kill her. But as he looked down at her body, he knew there would be a next one…’

When the body of Lola Evans is found in a local park on a cold winter’s morning, Detective Alex King and her new recruit Chloe Lane are called in to lead the hunt for the killer.

Days later, a second girl goes missing. It seems the two shared a troubled history, and were members of the same support group. Who is the monster preying on these vulnerable girls?

As the detectives start to piece together the clues, Chloe realises that she too is in danger – as she uncovers secrets about her own brother’s death which someone will kill to keep hidden.

Alex and Chloe are determined to find the killer before more lives are lost…

What did I think:
3 stars
While I did like the story and how it pulled me into the story I just couldn't love it like I wanted to , the main reason was the 2 main characters , they just got on got on my nerves so much that there was times I wanted to just out it down and not finish it at all, but I kept hoping that I would find something I would like about them, but that's kind to do when they both seem like all they do is think of themselves. Hopefully in the next book their be a bite better , but even though I disliked the main characters I did like the story, with that said I want to say thinks to Netgalley for giving me a change at reading a new to me author and her new series ,in change for my honest opinion.Note:
it took me from June 25 2017 to July the 3 ,2017 to read because of the 2 main characters Alex King and Chloe Lane