Thinks NetGalley for helping me find a new series that I'm loving.

The Forever Spy (Yuri Kirov #2) by Jeffrey Layton
The Forever Spy by :Jeffrey Layton
What's it's about:
shocking disaster threatens to trigger a new Cold War . . .
Deep beneath the ice-covered Arctic Ocean, a massive oil spill threatens destruction on an untold scale. Yuri Kirov, a former operative for the Russian Navy and an expert in state-of-the-art underwater vessels, is pressed into duty--America's only hope at limiting the damage. When Yuri's past is exposed by a turncoat spy, he is blackmailed into taking on a risky subsea espionage mission. With the future of his newly adopted country at risk--and his loved ones in the line of fire--Yuri must lead his crew into the iciest depths before tensions boil over--while an unseen enemy pushes both superpowers one step closer to the brink . . .

My thoughts:
5 stars
Even though this is book 2 in a series ,I had no problem getting lost in the story, once I started reading it, I was hooked, and couldn't stop reading , had to know what happened next. Loved the characters, there's something about Jeffrey Layton writing style that reminds me of some of my favorite authors like : Michael Crichton, and one of my all-time favorite authors James Rollins, their 2 authors I could definitely see writing something like this, this series is a must check out . Can't wait to pick up a copy of both books 1 and 2 so I can read them back to back, with that said I would love to think NetGalley for giving me a chance at finding a new author as well as a new series to read ,in a change for my honest opinion. I loved it . Can't wait to see what happens next.