Kind of strange but interesting

The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
The Silent Corner
By: Dean Koontz

What's it's about:
1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars
The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk #1)
by Dean Koontz (Goodreads Author)
4.09 · Rating Details · 193 Ratings · 126 Reviews
A dazzling new series debuts with a remarkable heroine certain to become a new icon of suspense, propelled by the singular narrative genius of #1 New York Times bestselling author Dean Koontz.

I very much need to be dead.

These are the chilling words left behind by a man who had everything to live for but took his own life. In the aftermath, his widow, Jane Hawk, does what all her grief, fear, and fury demands: find the truth, no matter what.
People of talent and accomplishment, people admired and happy and sound of mind, have been committing suicide in surprising numbers. When Jane seeks to learn why, she becomes the most-wanted fugitive in America. Her powerful enemies are protecting a secret so important so terrifying that they will exterminate anyone in their way.
But all their power and viciousness may not be enough to stop a woman as clever as they are cold-blooded, as relentless as they are ruthless and who is driven by a righteous rage they can never comprehend. Because it is born of love

My thoughts:
4.5 stars
Kind of strange but interesting at the same time, it did infact hold my attention and made me want to know more about what was happening and why, it also reminded me of the movie THE Stepford WIVES ( the 1975 version) plus it makes you think, all the time your reading if something like this could really happening ,and if so how would we stop it . It does ended in a cliff hanger ,which means it's the first book in a new series, with that said I would like to think NetGalley for letting me read it in change for my honest opinion