A must read as well as an emotional one

The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women
By:Kate Moore
Non-fiction ( ARC from NetGalley)

What's it's about:
The incredible true story of the young women exposed to the “wonder” substance of radium and their brave struggle for justice...

As World War I raged across the globe, hundreds of young women toiled away at the radium-dial factories, where they painted clock faces with a mysterious new substance called radium. Assured by their bosses that the luminous material was safe, the women themselves shone brightly in the dark, covered from head to toe with the glowing dust. With such a coveted job, these “shining girls” were considered the luckiest alive—until they began to fall mysteriously ill. As the fatal poison of the radium took hold, they found themselves embroiled in one of America’s biggest scandals and a groundbreaking battle for workers’ rights.

A rich, historical narrative written in a sparkling voice, The Radium Girls is the first book that fully explores the strength of extraordinary women in the face of almost impossible circumstances and the astonishing legacy they left behind.

My thoughts:
Five stars

This book is a must read and it belongs in everybody's library, it's the type of story that'll stay with you even after you finish reading it and it's an emotional read as well.
Because from the every start of it ,it had me going on an emotional rollercoaster, there was times I just wanted to cry and just put down this book and not finish it at all, and other times I just wanted to scream , because it seemed liked the girls was never going to get the help they needed , what that company put them though was so wrong, and so against everything I believe in it ,.Not only that but this story gives you an in sight of what the girls and their families went through, how much pain they had, their deaths, the lost their families felt ,how the company tried to cover it up and convince everyone that the radium was safe , this is a story that needs to be know because even too this day it's not talked about, with that said I would love to say thinks to NetGalley for giving me the chance at reading what tuned out to be a really great book in a change for my honest opinion. Will definitely be picking up a copy when I can.