Part 5 of my 2017 January books read

By K. Van Kramer
Actual book

What is it about:In the the year 2205, Earth has been ravaged daily by earthquakes and
devastating weather conditions, leaving nearly 60% of the planet’s
surface in a severe drought. Global warming and Coronal Mass
Ejections from the sun have reached critical levels and scientists
believe that the Earth is facing cataclysmic conditions.

Scientists have been tasked with finding a way to overcome these
drastic food shortages for the sake of humanities survival. Lirren
Lamaar, an agricultural scientist, believes she has the solution
with her creation of genetic mutant seeds that will flourish
in drought conditions. But living in California, ground zero
to the devastating earthquakes, any moment could be her last.

Lirren desperately wants to believe that the Earth can be saved,
but finds herself torn in a world less interested in saving plant life
in favor of a synthetic vitamin. She warns her colleagues against
the synthetics, but her fierce individualism and deep moral courage
causes others to view her as a threat, and with life hanging in the
balance, Lirren is in for far more than she ever imagined.

Lirren’s savant genius teenage son, Logan, also becomes a target
as others seek to exploit his research and ideas. Lirren struggles to
uncover the truth about what is going on and to protect her son.

Just when Lirren sees no way out, she finds an ally in Xanders
Pierson, the Director of Operations and projects for a nearby
commercial space flight company. With conspiracies and plots
against Lirren mounting, is humanities survival, and that of Lirren
and her son, not on Earth, but in the stars

What did I think'
5 stars
First off I once again want to think the author for send me a singed copy of her book, and I'm glad that I picked it up, the story pulls you into it and shows you what our future might be like since we'll already dealing with some of the stuff that is mentioned in her book, as I was reading it all I could think of is alot of this is all ready happening which is a scary thought to have , but the story is still a good one to read, her characters are very believable and I can actually see this as a TV show or movie if they would do it the right way, can't wait to pick up the next book and see what happens.

By C.F. Yetmen
Kindle book:kept
Rating: 4 stars
Historical Fiction

What is it about:
is August 1945 in Wiesbaden, Germany. With the country in ruins, Anna Klein, displaced and separated from her beloved husband, struggles to support herself and her six-year old daughter Amalia. Her job typing forms at the Collecting Point for the US Army’s Monuments Men is the only thing keeping her afloat. Charged with securing Nazi-looted art and rebuilding Germany’s ments, the Americans are on the hunt for stolen treasures. But after the horrors of the war, Anna wants only to hide from the truth and rebuild a life with her family. When the easy-going American Captain Henry Cooper recruits her as his reluctant translator, the two of them stumble on a mysterious stash of art in a villa outside of town. Cooper’s penchant for breaking the rules capsizes Anna’s tenuous security and propels her into a search for elusive truth and justice in a world where everyone is hiding something.

In her debut novel C.F. Yetmen tells a story of loss and reconciliation in a shattered world coming to terms with war and its aftermath.

What did I think:
It took me a little while to get into.the story , but the more I read the more I began to finally like it, what I liked the most about it was how it showed you what it was like in Germany after the war and how no matter how hard it got ,Anna was always so strong no mater what was going on

Challenge: 2017 Around the Year In 52 books:

week 5 A historical fiction

By :J.D. Robb
Hardback
Rating: 5 stars
What is it about:
In a decrepit, long-empty New York building, Lieutenant Eve Dallas’s husband begins the demolition process by swinging a sledgehammer into a wall. When the dust clears, there are two skeletons wrapped in plastic behind it. He summons his wife immediately—and by the time she’s done with the crime scene, there are twelve murders to be solved.

The place once housed a makeshift shelter for troubled teenagers, back in the mid-2040s, and Eve tracks down the people who ran it. Between their recollections and the work of the force’s new forensic anthropologist, Eve begins to put names and faces to the remains. They are all young girls. A tattooed tough girl who dealt in illegal drugs. The runaway daughter of a pair of well-to-do doctors. They all had their stories. And they all lost their chance for a better life.

Then Eve discovers a connection between the victims and someone she knows. And she grows even more determined to reveal the secrets of the place that was called The Sanctuary—and the evil concealed in one human heart

What did I think:
I love this series ,OK first off I've tried reading her books that she wrote under Nora Roberts but I have to say that I hated the ones that I read, but this series I have no problem with at all , I'm love it, and yes I'm slowly getting them and yes I'm reading them out of order but there just some thing about In The Death Series I just love.this is the only series of her's I'm going to be reading

By :Andy McDermott
Five stars
What is it about:
Following in the tradition of Clive Cussler and Matthew Reilly, Andy McDermott takes us a roller-coaster ride in search of the legendary Atlantis.

Archaeologist Nina Wilde believes she has found the location of the lost city of Atlantis and now she wants the opportunity to prove her theory. Someone else though wants her dead!
With the help of ex-SAS bodyguard Eddie Chase and beautiful heiress Kari Frost, Nina faces a breakneck race against time around the world, pursued at every step by agents of the mysterious - and murderous - Brotherhood of Selasphoros. From the jungles of Brazil to the mountains of Tibet, from the streets of Manhattan to the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, the hunt for Atlantis leads to a secret hidden for 11,000 years - which in the wrong hands could destroy civilization as we know it...

What did I think of it:
Sorry for.not updateing my review ,just I've been sick .So glad that I've picked this series back up, so far I've only ever read books 1-2 , so this year I would love to read books 3-7 which I have.love how in this series you get both the mythical lore and the modern take of it, plus the romance is of course great to.

By : David Michaels
Genre: Thriller
What is it about:
FREEDOM HAS A COST. ONE MAN PAYS THE PRICE.

In response to the growing use of sophisticated digital encryption to conceal potential threats to the United States, the National Security Agency has ushered forth the new dawn of intelligence-gathering techniques. The top-secret initiative is dubbed Third Echelon.

Its existence denied by the U.S. government, Third Echelon deploys a lone field operative. He is sharp, nearly invisible, and deadly. And he has the right to spy, steal, destroy, and assassinate to protect American freedoms.
His name is Sam Fisher. He is a Splinter Cell

4.5 stars
This one was my pick for week 6 : a book being released as a movie in 2017, this one has been on my TBR for a long time , and I can't believe it took me this long to read it, I actually liked it. It was better then I thought it was going to be.