oved it, if you love his movies then you need to read this

Alfred Hitchcock by Peter Ackroyd (2-Apr-2015) Hardcover - Peter Ackroyd

Alfred Hitchcock was a strange child. Fat, lonely, burning with fear and ambition, his childhood was an isolated one, scented with fish from his father's shop. Afraid to leave his bedroom, he would plan great voyages, using railway timetables to plot an exact imaginary route across Europe. So how did this fearful figure become the one of the most respected film directors of the twentieth century?

As an adult, Hitch rigorously controlled the press's portrait of himself, drawing certain carefully selected childhood anecdotes into full focus and blurring all others out. In this quick-witted portrait, Ackroyd reveals something more: a lugubriously jolly man fond of practical jokes, who smashes a once-used tea cup every morning to remind himself of the frailty of life. Iconic film stars make cameo appearances, just as Hitch did in his own films. Grace Kelly, Carey Grant and James Stewart despair of his detached directing style, and, perhaps most famously of all, Tippi Hedren endures cuts and bruises from a real-life fearsome flock of birds.

What did I think of it:
5 stars
I loved it, loved reading about his life , the movies he made, and the people that played in them, there's so much information about him in this book that I didn't even know, and movies that he made that I didn't even know about, and I thought I had seen most of them, ok so I'm only 39 years old but I grew up watching his movies with my Dad, my all time 2 favorites are The Birds and To to catch a thief 1955, so if your a big fan of his movies or know some one how is then you need to check the book out, plus I love the black and white photos that's in it, With that said I would also love to say that I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion and review and that these are 100 % my own thoughts to what is truly a great book