like I was reading it for the first time all over again

The Hound of the Baskervilles (Wisehouse Classics Edition) -  Arthur Conan Doyle

The Hound of the Baskervilles is the third of the crime novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle featuring the detective Sherlock Holmes. Originally serialized in The Strand Magazine from August 1901 to April 1902, it is set largely on Dartmoor in Devon in England's West Country and tells the story of an attempted murder inspired by the legend of a fearsome, diabolical hound of supernatural origin. Sherlock Holmes and his companion Dr. Watson investigate the case. This was the first appearance of Holmes since his intended death in "The Final Problem", and the success of The Hound of the Baskervilles led to the character's eventual revival.

In 2003, the book was listed as number 128 of 200 on the BBC's The Big Read poll of the UK's "best-loved novel." In 1999, it was listed as the top Holmes novel, with a perfect rating from Sherlockian scholars of 100.

What did I think of it:

five stars

this my all time favorite book of Sherlock Holmes, its the very first one that I ever read and since then I've been hooked, no matter how long its been since I've read it , I can still remember a scene from it, this year i decided to not only read it but also listen to it on audio book which I did for free though a website called loyalbooks.com , and while I was listing to it and reading it at the same time it was as even I was reading for the very first time all over again, if you've never picked up a Sherlock Holmes book then this is the one you need to pick up and read .Because its the most accomplished story of Arthur Conan Doyle