finally picked it up and read it

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien

Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable and quiet life. His contentment is disturbed one day when the wizard, Gandalf, and the dwarves arrive to take him away on an adventure.

Smaug certainly looked fast asleep, when Bilbo peeped once more from the entrance. He was just about to step out on to the floor when he caught a sudden thin ray of red from under the drooping lid of Smaug’s left eye. He was only pretending to sleep! He was watching the tunnel entrance!

Whisked from his comfortable hobbit-hole by Gandalf the wizard and a band of dwarves. Bilbo Baggins finds himself caught up in a plot to raid the treasure hoard of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon
What did I think:
3.5 stars
So I finally picked up The Hobbit and read it for the first time ever, while I did like it I just didn't love it lot a lot of people do, I've seen the movies and while I like the movies their just not my all time favorites just like the this book is not one of my all time favorites, it just a book that I'll pick up every once in a while and re read, there was just some stuff in it that drive me crazy, like for instance it kept repeating something about Thorin over and over and that was in the first few pages of the first chaptal, and then there was Bibo Baggins ,himself, though out the book it was like all he mostly did was whining like a baby, while I did like the hole story those things just kept driving me notes, and it took some of the enjoyment away, will be picking up the next 3 books when I can.