just like the Maze Runner 3.5

The Scorch Trials - James Dashner

about the author:
James Dashner the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains

book synopsis:
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end.

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off.

There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive

my rating: 3.5
challenges I use this for:
Around The Year In 52 Books
The 16th book on your TBR

2016 Choose Your Own Challenge
A book that became a movie in 2015

what did I think of the story:
it was kind of hard to get into it just like the first book, there was times I just want to stop reading it and DNF it, but just like the Maze Runner I kept reading it because of Thomas and the secrets that was surrounding him ,after reading this I still don't know if I want to pick up the last 2 books or not, we'll have to see. its just so far books 1 and this one is just a 3.5 rating for me.