Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic - Meghan Ciana Doidge

about the author:
Meghan Ciana Doidge is an award-winning writer based out of Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada. She has a penchant for bloody love stories, superheroes, and the supernatural. She also has a thing for chocolate, potatoes, and sock yarn.
Novels: (in order of release) After The Virus; Spirit Binder; Time Walker; Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser 1); Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (Dowser 2); Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic (Dowser 3); and I See Me (Oracle 1); Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (Dowser 4); Maps, Artifacts, and Other Arcane Magic (Dowser 5). Coming in 2015: Oracle 2. Coming in 2016: Dowser 6 & Oracle 3.
Novellas/Shorts: Love Lies Bleeding and The Graveyard Kiss

book synopsis
If you’d asked me a week ago, I would have told you that the best cupcakes were dark chocolate with chocolate cream cheese icing, that dancing in a crowd of magic wielders — the Adept — was better than sex, and that my life was peaceful and uneventful. Just the way I liked it.

That’s what twenty-three years in the magical backwater of Vancouver will get you — a completely skewed sense of reality. Because when the dead werewolves started showing up, it all unraveled … except for the cupcake part. That’s a universal truth.

my rating: five stars
challenges I used this book for:
#TBRTakedown 3.0 2016
January 4th (12:00 AM) - January 10th (11:59 PM)
1. Read a book from your most recent book haul

what did I think of the book cover: what's not to love about a photo of a cupcake

what did I think of the main character: OMG I loved her

what did I think of the book:
This was actually the first book of this author that I've read, and I'm glade that I picked it up to read, loved how the characters inter acted with one other, loved how there was different types of magic in it , and of course loved the hot guys that were in it. what else can I say but I just found me a new series to pick up